since yesterday was spent mostly lounging around knitting and streamlining some tv series i’m too embarrassed to name, it was good to feel productive today. i feel almost back to normal from my cold/whatever. the weather was a bit windy but the sun was shining and my motivation was soaring so i carpe diem’d the day and made quite a bit of progress on the map.
well…i didn’t finish all the colors like i thought i might…the sun began to set and it was getting quite cold. not to mention the wind kept bullying my paining hand in directions i didn’t want it to go. but i at least got a few more colors finished. i’m kind of in love with the fact that china is a hello kitty pink…even though hello kitty is really japanese. and the ‘mint green’ is too similar in intensity as the ocean, (if you squint your eyes you’ll see it disappears [it also disappears when you close your eyes all the way] my color theory prof would shake his head at me) but whatever, it’ll be visible when it’s outlined. and i’m probably the only color theory nerd that would notice anyways.
but i see a light at the end of the tunnel! there is hope! the world is coming together and i think it will only be a few more days till we’re finished. after we finish this list…
things left to do on the world map:
- paint the blue and orange countries
- double check for missing countries/sloppy borders
- touch up countries and ocean
- reconstruct all the islands that got wiped out in our tsunami of blue paint
- draw boders with black marker
- label countries and bodies of water
- paint ukrainian flag and peace corps logo
- leave handprints and names of the helpers
- celebrate with cake